Re: Pt. 2: Next lesson: a blown clutch master-cylinder

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pt. 2: Next lesson: a blown clutch master-cylinder
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:05:07 -0700
Blake,

Am I missing something here? Doesn't the cylinder, during its normal
operation, allow the contact of brake fluid with the piston and the walls of
the cylinder? Why on earth would coating those surfaces with brake fluid
during assembly of the cylinder cause corrosion if the subsequent filling of
the cylinder with fluid during its operation does not do so?

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center