RE: Pt. 2: Next lesson: a blown clutch master-cylinder

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pt. 2: Next lesson: a blown clutch master-cylinder
From: "carney_fam_ark" <carney_fam_ark@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:20:11 -0500
Bill,
There's plenty of good replies on this, so I won't do a bunch of detail.
One little tip: The hardest part of this job is getting the fluid line
screwed back in to the new master (or slave cyl, or wheel cyl or
caliper...whatever you're working on), without cross threading it.
I've discovered that it is easier to do this BEFORE the master cyl is bolted
down.
While the component (whichever cyl) is still unattached to the car, attach
the line. You can wiggle them both around until the threads are properly
aligned & connection is made, then attach the component to the car & bolt it
down tight, then finish tightening the fluid line.
Don't be afraid, but DO be patient. Buggered threads are nothing but misery.
Cheers,
Jim Carney