Re: Pt. 2: Next lesson: a blown clutch master-cylinder

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pt. 2: Next lesson: a blown clutch master-cylinder
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:38:04 -0600 (MDT)
I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I have rebuild both the clutch
and brake MCs in the car.  I happened to know that the bore was fine so I
gutted them with the bodies still installed in the car.  In my case I had
rebuilt them already, bench tested them, only to discover upon bleeding,
that the redesigned seals were installed backwards (pilot error).  I was
in a hurry to catch a week long tour and a day behind to begin with so I
didn't want to uninstall them.  This would not be recommended if the cyls
need to be bored, since that will introduce comtaminents into the fluid.
YMMV with an idea like this.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT ever so slowly turning into a V8
'63 Buick 215

"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"
Enzo Ferrari