clock that works, faulty wiring and fire

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: clock that works, faulty wiring and fire
From: gblair@dli.state.pa.us
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:45:30 -0400
Just a note on  my  (and at least one  other LBC owner) experience with
clocks.  Extreme care with the wiring relative  to other wires  dangling
nearby.  They short to ground very easily and melt all the wire coverings
they touch in the harness, plus fire and smoke you wouldnt believe . The
red wire to all the instrument lights was the culprit.    Another family
member was operating the car and didnt turn off the power too quickly,
Not good..not fused adequately apparently. Was fixable .  Beware the Prince
Lucas.
-------------------- Forwarded by Glenn Blair/Erie/Field/OVR on 07/27/2000

Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com> on 07/26/2000 09:17:12 PM

Please respond to Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>