Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 15:18:19 EDT
In a message dated 7/29/00 8:59:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time, ccrobins@ktc.com
writes:

>  Let's see, a European car maker, presumably hired a European ad agency
>  to do an ad campaign.  Car and driver did an article on a European car
>  maker's armored limo.  You extrapolate from there and see those
>  unconnected events as social commentary on USA culture.  Quite a leap
>  from my point of view.

Well really I was more interested in what other people think - I have no idea
if the Rover guys used American ad agencies, but they would be smart to have
done so. In any case, somebody thinks there is a bit of pizzaz to be gleaned
by associating guns and their product.

Do people on the group think they are misguided, or are they right - will
guns help sell cars?

Maybe we'll see a Hyundai Peashooter......

Bill