Re: 25PSI

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 25PSI
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:28:06 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/00 5:44:46 PM, mvheim@studiolimage.com writes:

<< 1) I believe that recommended tire inflation for B roadsters, at least,
is 3lbs. greater at the back than the front...

2) ...and the reason for this is to AVOID oversteer; therefore, if I
understand this correctly, your setting of 30f/35r would actually induce
mild understeer. Conversely, the 25/25 setup should induce mild oversteer
-- and in my experience, actually does. >>

Maybe I've confused the terms.  The effect I'm talking about is when you can
get the rear end to break loose somewhat in a turn.  I've thought that was
"oversteer."  Wrong?  In any case, having stiffer rear tires (higher
pressure) with less flexing in the sidewalls surely is the way to get that
racy feeling of drifting through a turn, wheel turned slightly against the
turn to maintain direction.  Ah!  Can't beat that.

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT
66Mustang