Re: 25PSI

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 25PSI
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 23:28:21 +0000
Jay wrote:

> Maybe I've confused the terms.  The effect I'm talking about is when
> you can get the rear end to break loose somewhat in a turn.  I've
> thought that was "oversteer."  Wrong?  In any case, having stiffer
> rear tires (higher pressure) with less flexing in the sidewalls surely
> is the way to get that racy feeling of drifting through a turn, wheel
> turned slightly against the turn to maintain direction.  Ah!  Can't
> beat that.

Hey, ask the flag marshalls... this *is* how I drive (and make the flag
marshalls nervous).  Oh yeah, also ask the guys who I pass on the inside
of on those hairpin corners.  They also get nervous as I hang my 'arse'
out right beside them - I love that sound of squealing rubber but they
tend to suggest that it distracts them :-)

32/35 front/rear - it works for me (but watch it on a hot track... that
35psi rear can suddenly end up 40psi before you know it... and then
watch your grip go out the window - and your car go grass-cutting).

Eric
'68MGB MkII