RE: Valve clatter-help! WARNING - DISASTER LOOMS

To: "'Barney Gaylord'" <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: RE: Valve clatter-help! WARNING - DISASTER LOOMS
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:24:30 -0700
Barney:

        Your's is the first failure of it's kind that I have run across.  I
add the disclaimer that I am not a professional engine builder, only a
somewhat minor league enthusiast.  The Crane and also Isky tubular pushrods
have been on the market for very many years.  They have been used in a
tremendous number of American racing and street MG engines without any
problems.

        I would not jump to the conclusion that this gentlemans problems are
due to Crane brand tubular pushrods, simply from the damaged ones you found
in your engine.

Kelvin Dodd.

        He who looks before he leaps, often sees the prettiest scenery.