Re: Hood (Bonnet) release.

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hood (Bonnet) release.
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:04:37 -0600 (MDT)
When I bought my BGT it had this problem.  I didn't need the grill so I
figured I would get the latch one way or another.  Well it turns out that
if you take a six or eight inch long flat blade screwdriver you can push
the catch open through the grill without damage.  You will have to stare
at it a bit if you don't know how the catchs work but you have to push it
to one side.  I ended up puting a very small dent in one slat of my '71
grill but that was on an attempt before I knew what I was doing.  If I
recall you put the blade right where the cable goes into the actuating
lever and then push/pry it to the left (towards pass. side of car).  Good
Luck.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT ever so slowly turning into a V8
'63 Buick 215

"I sure wish I had a racer's budget, or are the racers just better at
explaining expenses to the wife?"
-Unknown