Re: Hood (Bonnet) release.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hood (Bonnet) release.
From: "David Lynes" <cdlynes@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:25:48 EDT
Chris

As I am sure others will tell you, there are several ways to get the BONNET
open.  But before you do anything rash, first have someone push down on the
bonnet at the latch while you pull the knob.  If it doesn't budget then, you
can proceed with some of the other, more labor intensive methods.

Good luck...

David Lynes, Woodstock, Ga
73 Midget
78 MGB

----PART OF Original Message Follows----
From: Chris Thompson <ct@cthompson.com>
When I looked at the damn thing to buy it, the PO opened the hood for me. I
watched him do it. He also shut it.

I've put everything I have into the knob and it doesnt budge. It's not that
it moves and nothing happens, the knob does not move at all. I had my father
in law (One of the strongest men I know, does construction work, huge arms)
pull on it too, and nothing.

How the heck do I proceed?