Re: Bosch Platinum, shitty plugs?

To: "wcameyer" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Bosch Platinum, shitty plugs?
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:45:14 -0500
At 04:04 PM 9/28/2000, you wrote:
>Somebody out there asked for the Bosch plug number.  I sent it to him, but
>believe it did not go out, SO>>>>>   WR7DP
>
>Bill
------------
... The stock number is 4216... that is how most stores keep them on the
shelves.
A caution on this topic. Bosch markets 2 kinds of Bosch Platinum plugs.
There is the single ground electrode version that has been around for years
which is worthy of the mixed reviews I've seen, IMHO. The example above is
one of those.
         There is a newer plug marketed by Bosch called the Platinum +4.
This has 4 ground electrodes. Bosch makes only 16 part numbers of these and
they are aimed at consumers with late model cars. There are no LBC
applications printed nor any car before 1983. Bosch claims that they are
tested in every application, and only those that proved satisfactory (or
that they bothered to try them in) are listed. This they claim assures them
of customer satisfaction which seems to be the case. Some people have had
great success putting them in LBCs, claiming increased performance, yadda,
yadda, yadda. The applications are arrived at by finding a "current" car
that uses the same stock plug as the desired LBC application and using the
+4 equivalent. Bosch, of course, absolves themselves of any responsibility
for such mis-application.
         Probably more than you wanted to know. Sorry. You can go to
www.boschusa.com
         Peter C.