Re: Bosch Platinum, shitty plugs?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bosch Platinum, shitty plugs?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:58:24 EDT
In a message dated 28/09/00 9:08:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Sorry, but not true!
>  They may run OK in my low compression 74 B but they only last about 100
>  miles in my Turbo Ford and then start to miss.
>  Go with NGK, Autolite or in desperation, Champion.
>  Platinum is a lousy heat conductor.

Interesting. I use NGK in my race cars and most of my street cars, but the
only thing that doesn't have the tip blown off in quick order on my street
driver, a turbo Fiero, is Bosch Platinum, which last 60,000 km.

I have no idea why I have had such good luck, and you so bad, in similar
applications, but I guess it would be dangerous to generalise from either of
our examples.

I don't know what compression and boost you use. I use 8.5:1 and 13.5 psi of
boost, so it isn't really all that low effective compression!

Bill