Re: MGA Tranny

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Re: MGA Tranny
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:11:39 -0400
Barney: Wow! Thanks. That is a great deal of very useful info that I will surely
use. I guess the first thing is to determine which gearbox I have in my car.
Will
the year of VIN number help is identifying how "late" or "early" the MGA is and
thus help me to identify just which box I have? You indicate a body modification
to accomodate a later tranny with the "high" starter. Are the later MGA bodies
slightly different to accept this box or would I have to modify the body as well
as the gearbox?
Thanks for the great information. I am certain there are others on the list who
can use this data.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski