Re: Full Independant Rear Suspension.

To: a77mgb@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Full Independant Rear Suspension.
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:06:47 EDT
In a message dated 10/23/00 5:01:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
a77mgb@yahoo.com writes:

<< I would
 > flare the fenders

 What's the method of choice? A kit? Bolt on flares?
 Home spun hady-work (aka elow grease)? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, I wouldn't recommend "hady-work" and I'm all out of "elow grease" but
there are probably several methods of flaring fenders.  :-)

Keep in mind that I am talking about a late, Square Wheel Arch Midget.  YMMV!

You could buy RWA fenders and replace SWA ones completely, you can buy
generic flares and weld or pop-rivet them in place after cutting out the
appropriate piece on the existing fender, you can probably buy flares
designed for the car from someone like Winners Circle
(http://www.spridget.com), or you can try the old "baseball bat between the
tire and the inner fender" trick.  Cheep, but sometimes that's all you need.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport