Re: ignition problem

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>, "Charley & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>,
Subject: Re: ignition problem
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:16:57 -0000
Even with the capacitor you still get a 200v or so 'spike' (in truth a 15kHz
oscillation for about 5ms, have a look at the web site below - select
'Spanners' and 'Ignition' then click on the graph icon) on the live side of
the points as they open.  *That's* back emf.

PaulH
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk