RE: More on wheel bearings

To: "'Charley & Peggy Robinson'" <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: RE: More on wheel bearings
From: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 08:56:21 -0500
I have spent a large amount of time reading the manuals and understand the
procedure. What I don't understand is how different types of bearing may or
may not change the procedure. I'm curious, as always, about how what was
fitted in 1968 and what I can get today has changed what needs to be done.

I plan to replace the bearings because I've only had the car for six months
and am doing a complete brake job (MC, pipes, hoses, rotors, etc) and will
have the hub apart and do not know the age of state of the current bearings.
Replacing them will give me peace of mind. They need to, at a minimum, be
repacked.

Frank