Re: somebody explain shifting and RPM to me

To: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Subject: Re: somebody explain shifting and RPM to me
From: Dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 08:03:29 -0800
Now when I drive my MGB I Bring it to about 5000 - 5500,  grab second and stomp
on it and stay on it till about 6000 - 6500, Shift it into third keeping my
foot into it till about 6500 - maybe 6800 then fourth....... hehe...
Actually I think the shift light is to help you drive in the most economical
way and are set to SUGGEST you shift at the low and of the RPM range.  Car
manufactures have to achieve mpg ratings and if you shift when the car tells
you you should get close to what they say the car is supposed gets.  But as you
say, That doesn't seem how it was ment to be driven.  Tape over the bulb again
and keep your foot in it...  <grin>