Re: somebody explain shifting and RPM to me

To: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Subject: Re: somebody explain shifting and RPM to me
From: James Nazarian <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:45:25 -0700
Nina, my 96 Jeep had the same idiot light.  Supposedly these are shift points
for maximum fuel economy.  I found, in my car, that the only time I could make
those shifts were when I was on level or slightly declining ground and I was
alone in the car with no other people or cargo.  If those things happened then
those shift points were fine.  Any other circumstances and the engine would bog
down.

BTW my idiot light would retrigger at ~4k RPM, perhaps it was another
suggestion of when to shift.

My advice to you is to either stop looking at the shift light, or put the tape
back over it.

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 12:43:36PM -0800, Nina Barton profoundly declared:

--
James Nazarian
71 MGB roadster

"Given a conflict, Murphy's law supercedes Newton's."
-Anon

"Nothing good has ever been reported about the full rotation
of a race car about either its pitch or roll axis."
-Carroll Smith