Re: somebody explain shifting and RPM to me

To: "Nina Barton" <ninab@scoresheet.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: somebody explain shifting and RPM to me
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:08:49 -0800
Nina,

Yours are good driving habits - you've been shifting in the best part of a
B's engine's powerband to give adequate power combined with reasonable fuel
economy.

The Saturn's shift light has, however, a different purpose - to help owners
achieve the fuel economy advertised on the sticker that graced a window when
the car was new. I haven't driven a Saturn but my guess is that, driven the
way you drive your BGT, it would be a whole lot more fun but use a bit more
gas.

Lawrie