Re: Replacement Heater Valve

To: Thomas Pokrefke <pokrefke1@home.com>
Subject: Re: Replacement Heater Valve
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 11:02:29 -0600
 Sitting and woolgathering about this subject.....  Isn't there a
fitting on the back of the late-model B heads for the water choke?
Could it be that it's the same pattern as the heater outlet on the other
side of the head?  It would be a ready-made outlet elbow for converting
to an inline valve.  I've never looked at this on a RBB, so you guys who
are more familiar meayshoot me down but......how about it?

  Another thought........Vicky Brit sells a blanking plate for the
heater outlet on the B head.  One could get that plate, drill a hole in
the middle and braze a copper elbow to it.  Or could braze on a nut and
screw a fitting into it.

  Just some thoughts,

  CR