Re: Replacement Heater Valve

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replacement Heater Valve
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:54:44 -0700
I have had only one failure and the part was probably twenty years old when
it failed.

There was a web page somewhere where someone replaced this heater valve
with a regular plumbing valve of some kind. His contention was that the
heater valve was a restriction and by replacing it with this modification,
greater water flow was achieved. This made for better heat in the winter.
Probably not a concern for you Floridians but here in Montana, it could
mean that you don't have to use the ice scraper to clean the ice off the
inside of your window when driving.  : )

David