Re: Run-on Problems

To: Longstreth24@aol.com
Subject: Re: Run-on Problems
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 23:42:00 -0600
At 11:09 PM 11/19/2000 EST, Longstreth24@aol.com wrote:
>Just bought a '62 MGA Mk II and I'm having some trouble with run-on after
turning off the ignition switch.  I've played with the carbs (tried running
richer) and have adjusted the timing, but I'm having no luck.

>A read that chamfering the tops of the cylinders might help prevent this,
but that sure sounds extreme.

>The engine is a 1622cc block with an MGB (1800cc) head.  It's got the
standard dual S.U. carbs (a little leaky).  Any advice certainly would be
appreciated.

This has to be at least the third pass for this question, because I already
have it on my web site.  Check here:
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mgtech/engine/ro101.htm

If anyone has any more ideas that are not included there, let me know and
maybe I can work them in for future reference.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg