Re: Speed Kills (No LBC content)

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Speed Kills (No LBC content)
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:19:50 -0600
Larry,

That was what I always thought until I walked out of a store onlt to find cops
all around my car (a 96 Z28 30th anniversary editon
(white with orange stripes).  They issued me a ticket for 115 in a 70.
Apparently a similar car outran them and a local police
officer spotted mine in a parking lot and radiod them.  Two different highway
patrol officers swore it was me (even though they met
the other car at a spot where the interstate lanes are 50 yards apart).  The
procecuter wouldn't even discuss it with me until I
hired a lawer - then their proposed plee bargain was a $500 fine and five days
in the county jail (I found out that they really want
to put you in jail in my county if you are driving over 100 mph) after about a
year and 5 court appearances (changing to a more
sympathetic judge etc.) I lost after both cops said it had to be me.  But I
don't think that the judge totally believed them because
after the prosecuter proposed a $500 fine and 10 days in jail and my lawer said
we would take the fine but how about community
service instead of the jail time, the judge came back and fined me $300 with no
jail time or community service - I was happier than
heck by that time.  Needless to say I have now changed cars I am driving a four
door supercharged Grand Prix - almost as fast as the
Camaro but it doesn't look it.  Once I get the MGB V8 running I will have to
watch it, but again it won't look to fast.  I've decided
that the stealthy look is for me.

Kevn Brown  '78 MGB V8  '54 MGTF 1500 RHD, '66 MGB  '71 MGB
Odessa, MO

watch out driving I 70 through Laffayette County, MO