Re: Speed Kills (No LBC content)

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speed Kills (No LBC content)
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:10:05 -0800
Rick:

This is just the kind of luck I have.  I once got a warning for 57mph in the old
early double nickle days driving my 240Z, but always got away with 60+ with the
pickup on the same road and seeing the same smokey.

Conversely:

When running the MGT marathon in 1974, we were driving through Ontario, Canada
in the dead of night.  What should we come up behind while doing about 80 mph,
but a Canadian RCMP car.  I told my brother, who was driving at the time, to
slow down and not pass.  He asked why, as the MP knew we were speeding.  So he
eased off a little and we slowly cruised by.  After about ten miles with him
about a mile back, Mark kicked the speed back up to 80.  Why we didn't get
stopped with South Dakota plates on the car I'll never know unless he figured we
were going flat out and couldn't go any faster.  However, the TD will do 90 to
95.  Go figure.

Blake