Re: MG Owner Needs Jaguar Advice

To: "Rich Peterson" <kerry3@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: MG Owner Needs Jaguar Advice
From: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:43:10 -0800
Rich-
Make sure you check out the rear brakes.  If the pads haven't been properly
changed and you need a new rotor...you're looking at about $1500. (Rear axle
has to be dropped to change out!)  You say no rust, but check around the
windows...watch for bubbling around the sill.  The paint's faded due to the
poor quality of paint used in the earlier years of the XJ, but at $1300 you
could get yourself a good paint job and still have a good deal!

Good luck,
Steve Conley
Marysville, WA
'76 MGB Roadster