Rear Wheel Cylinders

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Wheel Cylinders
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 06:57:28 -0600
I just replaced the rear wheel cylinders on my son's 79 B and I have a
question about those stupid clips that they use to keep the cylinder in
place.  I always have a problem getting them on, normally I bend them beyond
recognition.  In fact my 74 Midget has been running with out the clip on one
wheel cylinder for over 2 years now.

Has anyone tried regular snap rings?  The kind with the 2 holes in the ears
that you expand with the special pliers?  I am planning on going to the
hardware this morning to see if they have them to fit the wheel cylinder.
It seems these would be easier to install and remove, so long as they don't
rust in place.  The rust thing is my only draw back.  It seems if they
rested to the wheel cylinder, it could be a major pain to get them back off.

TIA

Ken Waringa
71 TR6 (Going great)
74 Midget (kind of broke right now)
79 MGB (supposed to be a father/son project, but the son is away at college)
74 MGB (my next project)