Re: Rear Wheel Cylinders

To: Ken Waringa <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Wheel Cylinders
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:08:43 -0500 (EST)
Ken,
        I guess I became a novice regular on this here list when I dealt
with those stupid clips. Yes, I ended up using snap rings. They work
fine.

Bill
'76B

BUT I was told by several that the stupid clips are a right of passage!

On
Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Ken Waringa wrote:

> I just replaced the rear wheel cylinders on my son's 79 B and I have a
> question about those stupid clips that they use to keep the cylinder in
> place.  I always have a problem getting them on, normally I bend them beyond
> recognition.  In fact my 74 Midget has been running with out the clip on one
> wheel cylinder for over 2 years now.
>
> Has anyone tried regular snap rings?  The kind with the 2 holes in the ears
> that you expand with the special pliers?  I am planning on going to the
> hardware this morning to see if they have them to fit the wheel cylinder.
> It seems these would be easier to install and remove, so long as they don't
> rust in place.  The rust thing is my only draw back.  It seems if they
> rested to the wheel cylinder, it could be a major pain to get them back off.
>
> TIA
>
> Ken Waringa
> 71 TR6 (Going great)
> 74 Midget (kind of broke right now)
> 79 MGB (supposed to be a father/son project, but the son is away at college)
> 74 MGB (my next project)

Bill Saidel           (856) 225-6336
Dept. of Biology      (856) 225-6312 FAX
Science Building      E-Mail: saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
Rutgers University
315 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102-1411
USA
For more information about my science, check
      http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html

"Sacred cows make divine hamburgers."