Re: Tools

To: microdoc@apk.net, pokrefke1@home.com
Subject: Re: Tools
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:07:10 EST
In a message dated 12/6/00 10:35:28 PM Central Standard Time,
microdoc@apk.net writes:

<<  My Craftsman tools have served me well for nearly 40 years and
 at least 15 British car restorations; sorry Ed, that constitutes a record few
 other products I have ever owned can approach. >>

The 40 years tells a lot.  I have a set of Husky tools that old which have
seen a great deal of use w/o ever breaking a single piece.  My old Craftsman
tools have been pretty good too.  That said today's product from both
companies can't begin to compare for quality.  I encouraged my son to buy a
Craftsman set when he wanted to start his own tool collection.  What a
disappointment.  Thanks to the warranty he isn't hurting but what a pain to
keep replacing parts.  The ratchets are so bad that they keep replacements
right at the service desk.

George