Re: Shock help

To: barneymg@ntsource.com, fogbro1@home.com, brown409@home.com
Subject: Re: Shock help
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:37:04 EST
In a message dated 12/10/00 5:29:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
barneymg@ntsource.com writes:

> More recently the best recommendation I have received was to have your
> shocks rebuilt by:
> World Wide Auto Parts
> 2517 Seiferth Rd., Madison, WI  53716
> (800) 362-1025     Fax (608) 223-9403
> http://www.mailbag.com/users/nosimport
>
> They machine the shafts if necessary, install real bushings in the housings
> (originally none), install polished sleeves on the shafts to renew the seal
> surfaces, and install real shaft seals in place of the original rubber
> packing washers.  I have not had the need to use their services personally
> (since I found out about them), but I have had several excellent reports

And lets not forget that Peter Caldwell (World Wide Auto Parts) is one of our
listers.  I don't know how he can keep quiet on these shock threads, but my
guess is that he is curling this weekend.

Maybe Peter could refresh our memories on how to top up lever shox.

Peter, how was the venison scrapple?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget