Re: MGA Starter switch

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA Starter switch
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 13:59:59 -0800
Larry:

<<<snip>>>
Larry Hoy wrote:

 Another option that was suggested was to spin the rod with a drill
motor while it is depressed.  The idea being that it
> will clean any crud from the washer and contacts.
<<<snip>>>

That's a little hard to do.  The steel shaft is round its full length
and the hole through the copper washer, which is mounted on a bakelite
insulating grommet, is also.  The spring tension may keep the disk
from rotating too much.  I would try rotating the spindle both
directions and moving the spindle in and out.  As soon as the washer
touches the contacts it will probably stop spinning, but nothing
ventured, nothing gained.  I have a disassembled one here in my
hands.  This one had bad rubber insulators.  If I can fabricate some,
I will finish the rebuild.  If you want a drawing, I can do that and
send it on.

Blake