MGA Starter switch

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Starter switch
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 00:09:20 -0700
Hi all, I'm wondering about the operation of the MGA starter switch.  My switch
seems to need a pretty good tug to crank the engine.
When pushing the pin on the switch manually it goes almost all the way in the
housing, then you have to push *hard*.  I do need a
new cable but this doesn't seem to be the issue.  If I were to guess, I'd say
the contacts within the switch are pitted or corroded,
that's why it requires a good tug to make contact.

Is there a method to fix/inspect/repair these switches?

Larry Hoy