Interesting comparison of B's and TR4's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting comparison of B's and TR4's
From: Tomsaudi@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 01:55:19 EST
I was watching Speedvision tonight, and the owner of Checkered Flag from
Florida did a bit on comparing the late 60's MGB and Triumph TR-4. It was
fairly brief, but the emphasis appeared to be on the Triumph, with the owner
saying the TR-4's are rarer, and command a premium over MGB's. With a white
TR-4 and a black MGB parked side by side, I was incredulous. I know beauty is
in the eye of the beholder, but as far as looks are concerned, the TR-4 does
not hold a candle to the B. The Triumph that was featured had tired looking
aftermarket alloys, while the B had perfect wire wheels. Go figure.

Another thing that got me ticked was that the owner stated that the MGB was
built between 1962 and 1974. Ok, ok, we can all agree the chrome bumpered B's
are the best looking, but honestly, to say the B ended production in '74 is
going a bit far....

Tom
78 Midget