Re: Interesting comparison of B's and TR4's

To: <Tomsaudi@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting comparison of B's and TR4's
From: "shidis" <shidis@attcanada.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:07:26 -0500
I also saw the Speedvision show and noted the owner of Checkered Flag kept
describing the B as a 68 when in reality it was a 69. The 1969 models were
the first year to have the head rests, side reflectors and the breakaway
mirror. None of these items were required until 1969 when they were
legislated for safety reasons and not included in the 1968 model. It was
also interesting that after he indicated the values of the respective cars
that they brokeaway for a Hemmings ad to point out where to find these cars
in the publication and the price of the early MGB GT on the page they
displayed was $15500 US which was considerably higher than the $10000  top
end value he gave them. While I realize prices in Hemmings tend to be higher
in many instances it just seemed to shoot him in the foot or wherever.  Just
my 2 cents worth.

                                                    Don