Re: LHD to RHD

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LHD to RHD
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:24:27 EST
In a message dated 1/24/01 3:41:03 PM, mvheim@studiolimage.com writes:

<< I think it would be easier, and cheaper in the long run, to just buy a
UK-spec car and import it, rather than mangle a US-spec car. >>

That was my first reflex, and then I thought about some of the (higher)
prices I've seen in the UK-based MG magazines, plus in Classic & Sports Car,
and then add in shipping.  Then there is the somewhat damp nature of the UK
climate, and what that does to MG bodies.  Might be cheaper to do it himself.
All the goodies to do what he wants are available, as Aussies do it on a
regular basis.  Of course, the rationale for doing so must be highly
personal...we can only imagine.

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT