Re: Front rides too low

To: "Dave Wood" <dwood143@home.com>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front rides too low
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:14:41 -0600
At 10:52 AM 1/30/2001, Dave Wood wrote:
><SNIP>
>However, keeping the shocks topped up does seem to make a difference in
>appearance of ride height if not actual ride height.
---
  Dave, with all due respect, since shocks do not support the car, or
support any weight, I think the apparent change in ride height is
deceptive. Now, maybe if once you jack up the car to top up the shocks the
bushings change their "set" temporarily, that might give the appearance of
changing the ride height. Shocks dampen bounce. (I know, air shocks and
some mono-tube gas shocks change height, but topping them up is.......
problematic?)
         Peter C.