RE: OD Tranny

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OD Tranny
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 09:01:43 -0700
>The forward housing is the same. The difference is the tail shaft and
>the leycock  overdrive unit. If you want to do the work, you can take
>the original transmission and graft the overdrive to it to get rid of
>the hole, although the hole should not hurt anything. I would jump on
>it. YMMV
>--
>Bob Shaw

As Bob says the forward housings are the same, but the 4 syncro transmission
fitted to the OD has a different output shaft than the
standard 4 syncro transmsission.  Therefore the OD unit will not fit to the
standard 4 syncro transmission.  However since the
housings are the same, you could use the standard 4 syncro housing and put all
the "guts" from the OD transmission into it.  Pretty
involved just to deal with a simple hole that won't make any difference anyway.
 Some one mentioned duct tape ....

Larry Hoy