OD Tranny

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: OD Tranny
From: "William T Snyder, II" <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 14:13:08 -0500
Thanks to all for your input and advice on the '72 MGB-GT parts car with
OD tranny. I called the fellow back and offered him $200 for the car
(minus engine which he wants to keep) due to the damaged bell housing on
the Laycock OD tranny. He accepted with the stipulation that he could
remove and keep the oil cooler. I told him that I considered it part of
the engine anyway and it was a deal. I'm making arrangements to move it
this week.

Thanks again to the listers who lent their expertise!
Bill Snyder
'66 MGB
'72 MGB-GT

PS I installed an aftermarket alloy valve cover on my '66 B with the
early 3-main engine. It is an older polished aluminum alloy cover that to
me looks more attractive than the one's available through Moss now. At
any rate, I am very pleased with the reduction in valve noise which it
provides. Not only does it dress up my engine compartment, it makes my
engine quieter!