OD Tranny

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: OD Tranny
From: "William T Snyder, II" <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 18:35:05 -0500
Thanks, list, for the replies to my questions on OD transmissions. Paul
Tegler responded that the later Laycock (not the early type D) OD trannys
had two different name plates. The earlier version had a black on
aluminum label and the later (for the 18V engines) had a blue on aluminum
label. He also stated that he thought the earlier version was a 3 synchro
and not a 4 synchro model. He was not sure if the earlier version would
properly mate with a later 18V engine (which is what I have) and
suggested asking the list. What's your opinion?
Bill Snyder
66 MGB
72 MGB-GT