Re: engine ID LINK

To: Doug <dprather@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: engine ID LINK
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:08:31 -0500
At one time I think I could have ID'd the entire package; oh well. I do notice
you have that nice metal cooling fan: you will want to safeguard that item that
I believe is proper for your year. You undoubtedly know it has a late head whose
air injection nozzles are removed and plugged. I also notice that there are no
fittings for a mechanical tachometer which I think will make this a later block
also. I think that the valve cover, oil filler cap, thermostat housing and top
pulley are also from the late engine, enabling it to carry and drive the air
pump, while yours would have only needed a single pulley for the generator or
alternator. Sorry I was not more help.

Jim