Re: engine ID LINK

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine ID LINK
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 11:01:20 -0600
Max:

Without the pollution stuff on the '68-on heads, they seem to hold up
just as well as the earlier heads.

Part of the apparent problem of a cyl head shortage relative to blocks
is that most blocks survive very well, many cranks survive well, but
more cyl heads are dumped because of valve seat recession or minor
(repairable) cracks. Can't offer an opinion on anything post-'74 though,
as I'm not a rubber bumper fan so have no direct experience.

Dave Q.
As & Bs