Re: Odd camshaft wear...

To: Ernest Shirley <ernestern@hot.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Odd camshaft wear...
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 00:26:00 -0800
  I'd check that the lifters don't bind in their bores, the rocker shaft
bushings are OK (a much neglected item), condition of pushrods & rocker
arms, no evidence of probs with the valves binding in their guides,
valves not bent a bit, make sure all oiling passages are OK, etc,
etc.....

  The cam I discarded after tearing my B engine down last spring had a
rounded lobe.  It happens.  Hoo noes Y?  ;^)

  Cheers,

  CR