Re: Okay, so no one watched the race...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Okay, so no one watched the race...
From: "Alan J. Claffie" <aclaffie@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 07:11:34 -0800 (PST)
--- "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com> wrote:
> Hello Gang,
>    Did any of you watch the Australian Formula One
> Grand Prix last weekend?  I have not seen a single
> post about the race!  There was one post about the
> terrible accident with the corner worker -- but that is
> it.

I don't give two hoots about F1, but if I did, I'd be discussing it in
a more appropriate dedicated forum for such.

>    At the risk of alienating the whole list, I guess most
> Listmembers would rather putter around in the LBCs
> on the weekend than take a couple of hours out to
> watch the pros compete.   I don't mean to be harsh.
> I just can't imagine motorheads not being interested in
> the pinnacle of motorsport.

The pinnacle of motorsports is what I watch on Saturday nights - street
stocks on a quarter mile. These guys spend their own money, build their
own equipment, don't come close to breaking even on their investments,
and still manage to put on the best racing found anywhere.

>    Two cents please.

Remember, you asked for it.

--
Claff
NASCAR fan, but not the NASCAR you see on television