Re: Engine compartment

To: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, "Bob Shaw" <shaws@mlcltd.com>,
Subject: Re: Engine compartment
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 20:10:11 -0500
At 04:17 PM 4/8/2001 +0100, paul.hunt1@virgin.net wrote:
>There's been a couple of statements lately of this, plus the panel under
the heater was black.  Neither seem to be borne out by photos in Clausager.
Since it would require additional steps to paint these parts black after
the body was sprayed, ....

Not talking about the heater shelf.  They be talking about the panel on the
front face of the frame below the heater shelf.  This was painted black
along with the frame before the body was installed.  I seem to have missed
the earlier posts, but I presume we be talking about earlier MGs with body
on frame construction, not the MGB or late Midgets with unibody construction.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg

///