Re: Gas Prices

To: grunt2@adelphia.net, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas Prices
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:44:46 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/01 9:52:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
grunt2@adelphia.net writes:

> Last year gas outs were tried to bring down the cost of gas. This year
> there is a move to just boycott the two major companies as they are now
> One, and just announced that their profits were up 51 % over last years
> at some seven Billion plus dollars, Yet there is a need for higher
> prices. The Idea is to stop buying from Mobil and Exxon. thus forcing
> them to lower there prices and the industry will follow. so use the
> local independent and avoid the big two. Seems like a fair Idea. Carl E.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This comes up every year.  Not buying gas from a company on one day a year
will not do ANYTHING, unless you DO NOT drive at all for that day.  If you
buy gas the day after, they aren't losing any business at all.

If you want to try it, fine, but walk or ride your bike so you aren't USING
any gas.  In reality, this will have no affect on any gas company.  I think
you would have to get EVERYBODY to stop buying from one company for at least
a month for them to see a drop in sales.  Corporate sales mean a lot more to
gas companies than personal sales anyway.

Just my 2 pence.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget