Re: Oil Pressure Transmitter

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Transmitter
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 16:55:02 -0700
I'm the one who cast aspersions on the electric gauges. But I heard that
from the local MG shop. The context was my buddy's 69 B which had been
non-op since '77. We were trying to fire it up, and the oil pressure started
out around 30, but after we had it running and it got warm, it suddenly
dropped to 0, prompting a shutdown. But it was suggested to him that the
gauge was probably faulty, and they sold him a used, later-type
direct-reading gauge (ulterior motive? you decide). Anyway, the new gauge
showed 25 lbs at idle and 50 at 3000rpm, which seemed more reasonable, given
the known history of the motor..

I don't know why Rick considers ALL the oil pressure gauges useless. Mine
provides what appear to be perfectly reasonable and consistent readings,
with numbers that correspond very well to what one would expect, again given
the known history of the engine.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149