Wooden steering wheel

To: Kevin Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Subject: Wooden steering wheel
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:23:03 -0500
Hi Gang,
   Last night I removed the steering wheel from my B-GT.  It
is an older walnut Moto Lita and still looked pretty good but
the clean finish was peeling and flaking away leaving nice plastic
shards ready to attack the driver's hands should the wheel
spin quickly.
   A zillion coats of Aircraft Stripper eventually took the finish
off of the wood and left the wheel ready to lightly sand and
refinish.  It didn't bother the aluminum at all.  I will shoot the
wood with clear coat (outside) perhaps later this week.  I want
to make sure that all the paint stripper has evaporated from
the wood.  Pictures were taken all along the way.
   And BTW, I figured what they took OUT of Aircraft Stripper
to make it 'odorless'.  They took out the part that strips paint!

--
Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research

///