Re: Wooden steering wheel

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wooden steering wheel
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 18:51:40 -0700
I did an oil finish on my wheel (which had no trace of varnish left -- it
looked like a 50-year-old unrestored Chris-Craft). It worked out OK, but on
cold, damp mornings the oil seems to ooze out to the surface making it feel
sticky (this is years after having been applied). If you don't park it
outside it may not be a problem.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149