Re: MGB fan, plastic or metal?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB fan, plastic or metal?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:40:49 -0700
Well, heck, if the new one lasts 31 years I don't think you have anything to
worry about. And for that matter, I'd bet a 31-year-old plastic fan is
brittle as all get-out.

Or downgrade to the old 3-bladed fan. 50% less chance of throwing a blade
right there <g>. Not to mention the metal is twice as thick. It also makes
it easier to get at the alternator/generator adjustment bolts -- fewer
blades in the way.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149