Re: MGB fan, plastic or metal?

To: larryhoy@marketvalue.net
Subject: Re: MGB fan, plastic or metal?
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 06:20:12 -0700
 Hi again Larry,

  Darn, I didn't make myself clear.  If you'll look closely, you'll see
that the plastic fan has a deep offset in the front of the hub.  The
"spacer" goes inside that offset, clamps the fan to the pump.  I wasn't
sure about the exploded view drawing either.  So I asked George
Merryweather to check w/Moss on it.  I get most of my parts from Moss
through George.  On my '69 B the stock metal fan bolts directly to the
pump thru the pulley.  The plastic fan would go on as described above,
according to George.
I'd have had to get the fan & spacer in order to make sure.  So I
ordered a new metal fan, have a loaner on the engine.  Now if I get my
radiator back from the shop this morning, I'll have the car for the Arts
& Crafts Fair & Spridgetstock get together.
  Don Collins, who mostly lurks here, sez he turned the plastic fan
around & redrilled the holes.  He then installed it sans spacer.  So
there are lots of ways to get it done, depending on the car, engine,
pump, pulley, etc.

  Cheers,

  CR

///