Re: 5 Speed - Why?

To: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 5 Speed - Why?
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 13:13:14 -0500
At 8:47 AM -0400 7/2/01, Edwin McCarroll wrote:
>Indeed, as the topic rages on most of the comments pertain to MGB's
>and 4 speeds and overdrive units.   In the case of the MGA these o/d
>discussions don't pertain.

I don't mean to be difficult (no one would ever be difficult on this
list) but the car I speak of with a C overdrive in a B case is a '57
MGA. I do not enter Concourse competitions, but I do drive the wheels
off the wee beastie! I converted to B drive train about 5 years ago.
For me, converting  my a was not all that bad if I used all MG parts
(wheels excluded). YMMV

--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/